Documentation And Help
Users of any given application share some goals - the tasks they perform wth it - and some fuzzy closeness as they share something - a common tool, and perhaps a common perception about open source projects. What does make this community alive? Interaction. How to interact?
Please note that most of these resources have direct links from the sidebar.
- This wiki:
- The main page
- A MediaWiki powered interactive service - you are viewing it.
Yes, a wiki is interactive, since anyone can read information there, and anyone with a SourceForge id can contibute too - please see Getting Started. New users will be abe to write or modify wiki pages a few days after their first visit, due to the manual process of granting the relevant permissions.
The 10 forums:
- Hilfe/Diskussion in Deutsch
- Hilfe, Anregungen, Diskussionen in Deutsch
- Generalist forum in german
- Foro en español
- Ayuda y discusiones en español
- Generalist forum in spanish
- Forum en français
- Generalist forum in french
- Fórum em português
- Ajuda e discussão
- Generalist forum in portuguese
General purpose forums
- Asking for help, and musing about what might be working differently
- Open Discussion Forum}
- Discussions about Notepad++ features, and musing about what might be working differently
- Plugin Development forum
- Technical issues about plugins, release announcements, support and more
- Translation Forum
- Translating Notepad++ into a variety of languages
- Scripting forum
- was inaugurated in early may 2009.
Non interactive documentation
- NP++ Guides
- There is a NppHelp.chm file bundled with Notepad++; it strives to get you acquainted with the editor. This wiki is the comprehensive reference documentation: please feel free to use the search box, or the links under np++ articles in the sidebar. Some older material is linked to from NP++_Guides.
For support in languages other than english, please refer to the corresponding translated page of http://notepad-plus-plus.org .